Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011; Week 29

Indianapolis~
Momma,

   Things this week have been good. I was only in my area for 1 day tho because of exchanges with the district leader and conference.  me and my comp are starting to get a long a lot better.  after our first transfer together i decided that our relationship wasnt going to change unless i changed.  so i changed. i feel like I'm a lot better of a person. I'm still learning everyday to rely on the lord and to change to be the missionary i need to be.  I'm learning to rely on prayer the most.  i have grown such a strong testimony of prayer and how it helps a person change and become what god needs them to be. i love seeing investigators pray. its so amazing to hear someone pray for the first time. its so humbling. Ive taken prayer for granted my whole life. no more tho :)
    Oh my goodness conference was amazing. priesthood was my favorite tho.  I've always taken conference for granted too.. I'm super glad that now i understand the importance of it. i took 13 pages of notes and got rebuked by every talk on things that i need to do better.  i love things that make me want to change and be better.
   So over the weekend i talked to a mexican nun :) it was super cool.  we had some members take us to a tacoria ( a store with a taco shop conected to it) so we walked in and she was just starring and so i talked to her.  she was really nice. i even got her to laugh a little bit :) are nuns allowed to laugh?  the people that we ate with are the less active family that I've helped reactivate and are going to the temple soon to be sealed, but after dinner she told us that she has been really sick and has had lots and lots of tests done and the doctors had told her that the only thing that it could be is cancer. so she is going in today to get checked for stomach cancer.  4 other of her siblings have had stomach cancer and died from it so the chances are pretty slim for her. 
     Me and my comp decided to fast with the other missionaries (oh there is also another lady in our branch with cancer)  but we fasted Saturday.  it was probably the most meaningful fast i have ever done in my life. i also have a great testimony of fasting as well. always took that for granted too. this family has really helped me so much on my mission. they told me Friday night that they consider me family. i consider them family as well.  we went over to thier house last night to give them a blessing.  first we shared some scriptures on trusting in god and bore testimony to bring the spirit super strong. then we gave her a blessing. i did it. it was the first one i have giving in Spanish.  I'm so glad that i am able to be a priesthood holder that god can work through to have people feel peace.  it was one of my best memories so far on my mission.
    Things are going really good here.  we are seeing a lot of success and not a lot of succes at the same time.  oh, i talked to Sister Collins and she told me that i was in her top 4 favorite missionaries. nah,,, she really didnt say that, but she did say that when ever she is with me she feels something different that she has never felt with a missionary. i told her that she reminds me of you because of how loving she is and just other stuff she does and she told me that she wished she was my mother and that you are very lucky.
    Have you talked to Sister Everton yet?  well, funny story about her son real fast. i was trying to teach him how to do a trick on a bike and he gets on and tries to do it and his whole body ends up coming off the bike and he came down and racked himself on the frame. i was rolling on the road because it was so funny.  the last exchange i had with him we were riding and he was talking on the phone. oh real quick. its a rule in the mission that you cant ride over train tracks, you have to get off the bike and walk. well he was talking on the phone and not paying attention and then sees the train track and slams on the brake with one hand and his bike stops and he keeps going and racks himself on the part where the handle bars connect to the frame. hahahahha he has super bad luck with me.
   Well I've got to get going. love you and hope all it well.  still waiting for the package you've been promising for 5 weeks. its getting super cold here.
i love you.

Elder Hardman

what is kade and meg having?

No comments:

Post a Comment