Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday, Sept 27, 2011; Week 28

Indianapolis~
Momma,

   Sorry about yesterday and not writing. We had an emergency training about mormon.org yesterday. I didnt find out about the training untill Sunday and i heard that a 70 was coming. and i thought to myself "how sweet would it be if it was Elder Evans" (the guy i met before i came out on my mission)  then Monday morning we get to the meeting and I was sitting waiting and guess who walks in? ??????????? Elder Evans!!!!!!!!!!!!  oh my goodness i felt like i was going to die. I always have wanted to express my gratitude for what he did for me.  He told the president that he wanted to meet everyone so we all lined up and started shaking hands. he asked everyone where they were from and said good job. you know, the usual. well it gets to my turn and he looks at my tag and says "Elder Hardman, where are you from"  I just looked at him straight in the eyes and said " i know you dont remember me, but thank you so much for the things that you have done for me" He looked at me for a little while and just hugged me and told me that he remembered me and told me how proud he is of me and told me that he remembers the day he met me and the kind of man i am and thats the reason I'm on a mission"  what are the chances that the executive director of the mission department who is over every single thing that has to do with missionary work came to my mission?  i cant even explain to you what i was thinking and feeling.  after a few hours  of training we had a break and he came and talked to me and he told me some things that i really really really needed to hear. it helped me so much.
      So I'm pretty sure i broke my ankle.  the last week of my first transfer i hurt my ankle really bad. do you remember that?  well that was also the first time on my mission i didnt where my garments to play sports. so that was probably God telling me i was stupid.  then yesterday i was playing soccer after the training in the parking lot. not on preperation day and i did the exact same thing.  God has a funny way of telling me things that i shouldnt be doing. i wish he did it a little nicer tho haha.
     Earlier this week i had my first experience with casting out demons. it was super sketchy and scary and super awesome.  we went over to this less active ladies house and she told us that her daughter has woken up in the middle of the night and felt like someone was on top of her and she couldnt move or scream or anything and she thinks its demons. so she asked us if we could do an excorsism. hahahaha no hermana. we dont believe in the kind of stuff but we will come and bless your home and get rid of the demons that way.  so we made a lesson plan and felt like if they started praying as a family that nothing like that would happen. so we go over there and walked into the house and it just felt super bad. something was in there. we start are lesson and bring in the spirit. then we have the girl that this was all happening to read a scripture about family prayer. she gets half way done and the power  to the whole apt complex turns off.  right when that happened i just felt super dark and dirty and you could tell that something was right there with us.  well we get a flashlight and finish our lesson and we start talking about the power that satan has and stuff like that and the power turns on. we talked about good stuff and the power turns off we talk about satan and the power turns on. not a coincidence.
    I'm not in a trio anymore. but i am with my old companion.  things are good. we are seeing so much success right now. We both feel like the spirit is telling us that something big is going to happen in this area this transfer. I'm super excited for it.
     Well i have lots to do and i dont have time to write anymore.  But i want to end with my testimony. I know this church is true and that prayer works.  i know that when you pray and you have a pure desire to know, God is going to bless you with that answer. i know that God watches over missionaries families. and i know without a doubt in my mind that i am here in Indiana at this time because its where God wants me.  I know the book of mormon is the word of God and every single word is true.  I know that because i feel the spirit with every single word. i know that Jesus is the Christ who suffered for us because of the love he has for us.  i know families are foreordained of God. I know Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God.
    I love you so much and i thank God everyday for my family. Thank you so much Jessica and Jonathan.

Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment