Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday, May 2, 2011; Week 7

MTC-Provo, UT


So last Tuesday we had another apostle speak to us. Elder Oaks.  It wasnt like Elder Scotts, there is just something incredible about Elder Scott, the spirit he has is like none other person i have ever heard speak... but Elder Oaks was amazing, him and his wife talked to us.  His wife touched on a talk that Elder Holland gave in 05 i think, in the mtc. Elder Holland says that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not cheap. We have to be prepared to walk some of the path that Christ walk and feel some of the pain that he has felt. If ya'll havent heard of this talk i would incourage you to look it up and read it. He was giving the talk to missionaries but i feel like it pertains to everyones life.
     I have the talk in my room and i read it often but there was something different about when she talked to us about at. After she said that we have to walk some of the path that Christ walked and feel some of the pain he felt the thought popped into my head that i am so lucky that i get to feel a tiny tiny tiny part of what he felt.  My testimony is going to be strengthened probably a thousand times because i finally get a little feeling of what he went through.  I am soooo lucky. I cant wait to feel that so when i testify about Jesus Christ and his atonement i can do it so powerfully that no one can deny the love that Christ has for them.
    Elder Oaks talked alot about our purpose as missionaries and how we need not do this work for selfish reasons.  He also said how important it is for us to have a vision of who we are and what we are called to do and when we understand that everything else that has to do with missionary work will fall into place. We are children of God and we were called to help our brothers and sisters return to our Father.
     So I'm sure you all might be worried about my injury.  Four square is rough. But I'm alright. They told me that i have to go to 9 physical therapy apts and if my back is still hurting by the time i have to go i will be staying here untill it gets better. Your prayers will be much thanked.  I got a blessing from my comps so I'm sure ill be ok.  Elder Bakker is leaving a week early so that means ill have another week with my old comp.
     I only have 2 weeks left and it seems like every week is getting faster and faster. Mi espanol es muy malo but I'm trying and praying that it will get better. I can teach lessons and hold a basic conversation but I'm still not sure how well I'm going to do when i get to Indiana. I dont know if i told you last week, but we got a new group of English people going to Indiana. Still havent met them but I'm sure trying to find them. One of the teachers in my zone told me his brother is going there the same time i am. Oh and on Wednesday we will only have 11 elders in my zone. That's almost the size of most districts.
   Times up, i didnt recieve an email from you to tell me how the family is doing so i hope all is still going very well. I love you all and pray for you daily.



Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment