Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monday, May 16, 2011; Week 9

MTC-Provo, UT


Mamma,


Well i am off to Indianapolis tomorrow and am so happy about that. Congrats to Mr. Payden Saxton on his call to Africa. He is going to be such a great missionary and is going to be such a great example to so many people. Super sad about Seth, i couldnt imagine what that would feel like but i think he only had a couple months left so i hope that makes it better. I hope that they are able to fix whatever is wrong with him.
So my last Tuesday in the mtc guess who talked to us? Elder Anderson, for those of you keeping track, that makes 3 GA's for me in the mtc. He talked alot about the atonement and life of Jesus Christ. I love when the general authorities talk about Jesus Christ because they talk about him with so much power and know things we dont and its just amazing to hear it. My testimony has been strengthened so much about Christ while i have been at the mtc and i know it will continue to grow as i rely on him more and more and also teach about him.
Thank you for the package and also my liscense and also the DR. PEPPER. I almost feel bad drinking it in here but it is sooooooo good. It will add some flavor to the fiesta that we are having tonight for those of us leaving. We recieved a new district this last Wednesday and they are all just super super good elders. I have had the opportunity to really try and get to know all of them and become friends with them so that their transition into missionary work could be better. They have all told me that they wish i could be here longer because i was the only one that made them really feel welcome.
I have really grown to love the mtc and the spirit here. But i cant wait to go and convert all of Indiana. I'm glad to hear that the family is doing good. Thats one thing i always look forward to hearing about is how the family is doing. I'm starting to feel like i have a good enough base in Spanish that i wont be completly lost when i start teaching. I feel like i will be able to contribute some to the lessons. I wish i could express the happieness i have right now but its hard to over email and i dont have enough time to write because i have a lot to get done today.
My companion left today so I'm kinda just flying solo. Bouncing around between a few different people but its all good. I feel that we ended on a good note. One of the elders in my zone came to me this morning and told me that Elder Mittelsteadt told him that he doesnt feel like anyone but me could have helped him through his problems he had and that just made me feel super good that i was able to help my companion. He helped me as well and taught me a lot.
Congrats to Jordan. 3 events for state. That is really good for a junior. Ive been praying that his feet and his shins wont hurt him while he ran. I got that letter he wrote me today but i havent had a chance to read it yet so I'm sure it tells me how he did with everything so I'm looking forward to reading that. Not much else has been going on at the mtc just trying to get final things done before i leave.  We had a testimony meeting for our district on Saturday and that was really spiritual. I love my teachers and my district. And i have loved my experience at the mtc. But i need to go do laundry and pack at all of that before dinner so i need to end this short. Sorry its not as long as you like. I will try and call before my plane leaves tomorrow. I'm thinking i should have a little more then an hour so i will be sure to call. Please answer. Give the family my best.  

Love you all
Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment