Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Monday, May 23, 2011; Week 10

Indianapolis~


Wellllll!!!!! I'm finally here.  I love Indiana!!!! Its so green and beautiful and..... humid. Dont like that part much.  Since i got to my apartment i have only seen about 5 white people not including me and my comp. Its pretty getto here but i love it.  Its a super good for me that i was just thust into Spanish my first day. I dont know my address so maybe call Sister Collins and ask for it. I'll be sending some letters today so I'll see if i can get one to the family.  After i recieved my companion and my area we all went to this place called bubs to eat and we ate a burger that weighed 3 lbs. I ate it all because after 2 months of only having mtc food I was in serious need of real food.  My mission pres and his wife are so awesome. I love them.
   So the first night we had 3 lessons and my trainer wasnt at all scared to let me teach half of it. It is so amazing how much Spanish i am able to speak. I still have no idea what the heck is going on and i cant understand hardly anything but i am sure feeling the gift of tongues in being able to teach.  We had a lesson with a member present the other day and after the lesson he told me that i cant say to much in Spanish but what i do say i say it perfectly so that really lifted my spirits a lot. And then one of our investigators told me that he is so impressed with how much i try to speak Spanish and he can see the work that God is doing with me and can see God speaking through me. So that was super cool that an investigator could recognize the power of God.  My father (trainer) is a super good elder. He is really obedient and really nice and patient.  He has been out a 10 months and i am the second elder he has trained. We get along a lot and i look up to him alot.  He told me that he has never had a babtism  before and he doesnt know why because he is super obedient and works as hard as he possibly can everyday.  So I said "district leader jorgesen (he is the dl) I have faith that we will have 5 baptsims this tranfer"  and after that miracles started happening.  We have 3 with baptism dates and 3 more that are so so so close.  He told me that right when i got here the work just doubled but i dont know if i believe that.
    We have one investigator that absolutly knows its true and he came to church and he wants to be baptized but he is addicted to smoking.  So last night when we met with him after church I told him "no mas fumando mi hermano" no more smoking my brother. ( I love not being able to speak Spanish because i can be super blunt with people) and he said ok. So this morning i had the idea that we need to buy him gum and to tell him that when he feels like smoking he needs to chew gum instead so we will give that to him tonight.  We have such amazing investigators and i love them all. Since i have gotten here my nightly prayers are like 15 minutes because i have so much to pray for. I pray for every member of my family and all of our investigators and so many other people and it takes a dang long time but i feel like my love for people is really growing because of it.
        I  love having personal study but i never have enough time. I have been trying to study the Christlike attributes a lot so that i can better understand how to truely love and help people and i feel like it is helping me a lot but i dont have a lot of time to study all i want so that sucks.  Every morning i have an hour of personal study 2 hours have comp study and 1 hour of language study so we dont ever get out untill 12.  And because of that we usually only eat breakfast and lunch. And i think i have lost a lot of weight because i have only eaten pb&j and cereal.  haha I dont know what else to buy becuase i have never shopped for myself. I will learn soon tho.  Well i need to get going so i can write dad and the mission pres.  Just know that all is well here in Indianapolis. oh ya. I am in the city of Indianapolis. Well right outside the city but i guess its still considered Indianapolis.  I love this work and i am becoming more and more grateful everyday for the opportunity i have to be here and i am loving my family more and more everyday for how much you all have helped me get here.  My testimony is growing so much and i just love this church. I have only been here a week and i can already see the change the gospel is having in peoples lives. Pray for my investigators please. I love you all so much. Sorry this letter isnt very long. Love you



Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment