Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday, April 25, 2011; Week 6

 MTC-Provo, UT


Madre,

     Primero, yo amo mi familia y el templo.  Yo gusto mi companeros y mi districto.  I'm glad to that i am on a mission and in the mtc at the time of pascua (easter) its really givin me a lot of time to really think of the meaning of easter and also think of the atonement and what it really means to me in my life. I hope you were all able to think about that this year. The atonement to me means everything, i have such a strong testimony of the atonement and of Jesus Christ. I often think about the things i have done in my life and how many second chances that i have received because of the atonement. And then i think about all the second chances i am going to continue to receive.  And then i get so emotional because of how much the savior loves me.  I wish that i could understand the depth of love our savior has for each one of us. I wish i could understand the pain that i personally put him through because i feel if i did i would be more careful on the choices i make.  There is only one reason that i am on a mission, its not to become district leader or zone leader and to look cool for baptizing a lot of people or to please my family. The only reason i am serving a mission is because i have a testimony of Jesus Christ and his infinit atonement. I have testimony that it works and i am going to Indiana for the one purpose of telling people that because of Jesus Christ we dont have to go through this life alone.
     Anywho.  I'm glad to hear that all of my family is doing good. Its fun that Harm and Harper and Josh all came down over the weekend. I did recieve the packages. Beths first and then yours. Everything is super good. I was planning and making some chip dip with that chili, so i went and got some cream cheese and i was going to make it tonight and while i was sitting in the temple i truely recieved revelation!!!! I dont have a dang can opener. Oh well... some kid left me a pocket knife so i will try my luck with that.  I love going to the temple and i get more and more out of it everytime i go. It will be sad when i dont get to go anymore.
     We got a new schedual that just started today and that is why my p day is now on Monday. We are now in the class room from 7:30 in the morning to 9:45 at night.  Every single thing is planned for us. We now have 3 hours a day for personal study instead of 1 and we dont get comp study which is weird because when Elder Scott spoke to us he said that the hour of pst and the hour of cst is the times when he learned the most about the gosple. Oh well, all that matters is that this new schedual is inspired and we just need to follow it.
       Easter yesterday was just another day in the mtc. Come to find out, i am the only Spanish elder in the mtc who will be serving in Indiana right now. But this Wednesday the mtc will be getting missionaries who are going to Indiana speaking English so I'm hoping to meet a few of them.  Things are going good here for me. I'm getting kind of sick of the food and i just want to be out preaching right now but thats ok. My time will come. Its funny because sometimes when i see missionaries I'm like "oh look, missionaries" but then i remember i am one.  Pretty funny sometimes.



Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment