Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday, May 9, 2011; Week 8

MTC-Provo, UT


My Dearest Amazing Mother,

First i will answer all your questions. My back is getting better. Its still pretty tight some mornings but it loosens up as the day starts going. I go to S.O.S physical therapy and they do a fairly good job. They massage my back and do shock therapy on it. I guess there is a tendon or something that runs up through my leg and into my hip and then it connects to my back. The doc said that it has a lot to do with that and probably some muscle issues as well. But its been doing good. The second time that i went there was a girl that worked there and she came into my room and was talking to me and then she was like "Are you ready for you massage" and i just started panacking because i didnt know if that was allowed but then she picked up my file and saw that only guys could do it so she went and got someone else. Kinda scary. Dont worry about putting money on my card. If your able to send me a package with that other stuff in it just send me a 20 or something and that should be enough, thank you. Elder Bakker just left this morning, i dont know if i told you he was leaving a week early. We think it has something to do with all the tornadoes that happened in North Carolina and maybe he has to help with clean up or something. So now its me and Elder Mittlesteadt. I recieved me travel plans last week. I leave May 17th and my flight leaves at 7 a.m. I fly to Detroit and i will arrive there at about 12:30. I have an hour and 20 min layover then off to Indianapolis. I will try and call right after i get through security.  I'm ready to go and i cant wait to be serving the good people that God has prepared for me in Indianapolis.
This week has been hard. I remember on Wednesday just absolutly sucking in our lesson that we taught (in Spanish) and after i just felt so dumb and felt like I'm wasting the Lords time trying to learn Spanish. I remember not feeling the spirit the rest of the night because of how down on my self i was. So Wednesday was my hardest day in the mtc. But this week has been my best week in the mtc. I went to the tutor and asked if we could just chat together in Spanish so we did that for half an hour and he told me that i was doing really good and that i shouldnt at all worry so that boosted my confidence. Then i met with the branch pres. and he told me that my testimony has changed him and that i will make an amazing missionary because of it which also boosted my confidence and then  I recieved a super nice comment from the second counselors wife which just made me super happy.  And all the talks this week have been amazing. The spirit here is so amazing and it allowes the missionaries here, (if they are humble) to truely be molded into a tool that the lord can use to make his work come to pass.  My testimony is continueing to grow everyday and more everytime i go to the temple.  Its going to be hard not to be able to go for 22 months. But I'm praying the temple will be finished before i leave the mission.
      It sounds like the family is all doing good and I'm glad about that. How are all my nieces and nephews?  I miss all of them. I'm thinking i might have a few more when i get home.  This last week i will be super busy getting all my things together and making the final touches to everything before i leave so i probably wont be able to write anyone letters so i am sorry for that.  I will be able to email on Monday tho and then I'll call Tuesday if i have time :) So please be by the phone. Well time is up, i love you all.



Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment