Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday, Sept 12, 2011; Week 26

Indianapolis~
Momma,

     Sorry its a little later getting on today some lady wanted  to feed the missionaries in her mexican restruant so that took a lot of time. oh and it wasnt just some lady. haha it was hma Lara. me and Elder Torgeson reactivated her and she is just doing so good now and always tells me thanks for what i do and how much she respects and looks up to the missionaries. she is a really good lady. nothing to much has really happened this week tho because i commented on most the stuff that happened and its only been like four days or something since i wrote last so....
     The family all sounds really good.  oh a funny story real quick before i forget. At church yesterday the members were taking a lot of pictures for some reason and they wanted to take one of the missionaries so they did and one lady came up to me and told me i was just covered in light because i have the spirit with me so much so she showed us the picture and guess what?  The light was just reflecting off my good looking bald head. It was super funny.  Everyone laughed a lot.
    I'm getting a little sick of mexican food.  We get fed every day because people love me and my comp. Thats how you know if you are well liked or not, if people feed you a lot.  and we get feed every single day. Its really good but sometimes i just wish that people would not feed us so that i can make some good less fat food for myself.  but we are able  to get a lot of people who want to help us in the work and a lot of less active families are starting to feed us so we are doing a lot of less active work. Thats probably what we've done most of this transfer, just less active work.
     Transfers are just next week. We will be getting calls on Monday morning so when i write next youll know if I'm being transfered.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting transfered. Usually missionaries dont stay in their first area for more then two transfers and since I've been here for three i think I'll for sure leave.      
     To answer your question on if i get scared in some of the places we go into!!!! I've only ever been scared once. i have know idea why tho. it was in the middle of the day and it was in a little nicer neiborhood and we walked into there because we were going to try by a less active and there was some black guys that were just starring us down and it just rubbed me the wrong way and i was just scared for some reason.  But other then that nothing really. I've heard billions of gun shots I've gone into areas where cops stopped and told us that there was just someone that got shot and have been harrassed a little by people but I've never been scared.
       Oh and Daniel Reed is going to Ohio or somewhere. Its a bordering state of Indiana and his mission actually comes into the state a little so thats pretty cool that we are going to be so close.  my friend Skyler Peacock is doing supper good in Portugal and everyone else I've heard from are doing good.  i just have a good group of friends that have really helped me.
   So this last Saturday was probably my hardest day.  we had no planned lessons at all and no one we could go see so we tracted the entire day and I've never done an entire tracting day before so i was a little nervous on how it would turn out and it started out bad and got worse and worse and worse. i had no idea there were so many j dubs in Indiana.  We got rejected by every single person that we talked to that day and it was really hard on me and kinda hard on my faith in contacting people. but thats ok. I prayed a lot and i realize that stuff like that just happens at times. Even missionaries need to be tested a little to see how commited they are to this work.
    Well my time is up. Sorry this letter wasnt as cool as others but nothing really happened this week. We taught good people and tried to find new people. but i love this work a lot and I'm learning more and more how to rely on the lord. I'm really working on being open with my comps because when I'm not stuff just eats at me and then i end up not being able to wait to leave him. haha but I'm trying. i love you and I'm glad that things are going good. oh and i did get the letter from Beth with the post cards.

Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment