Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monday, Sept 19, 2011; Week 27

Indianapolis~
Mi madre amado

  Primero yo quiero empezar con un bien chiste.  ?por que seis tiene miedo de siete?  porque siete ocho nueve!!!! hahahahahaha we had a little girl tell us that in English so i decided to translate it and start telling the hispanic people it in Spanish. its so funny to see their reaction from it because it doesnt make any sense in Spanish. its now my favorite joke to tell them.  things are going good. it was a good week. oh and first, I'm staying in this area.  So this week, one of the companionships in our district had somebody go home for illness issues so my companionship was put into a trio which was super awesome. I had so much fun and it made me get along with my comp a lot more.  we had super super good lessons this week as well.  We have 2 people that we will baptize this transfer. if we dont I'm going to feel like a failure.  So I've been praying super hard trying to find out what i need to change in my self to make this possible.  I  have a lot of things to change.
    Hermana Marcos.  oh my goodness we are running out of ideas to help her. we go over and we follow the spirit and have such spiritual lessons and every time she tells us she will come to church and will do all these things but then she never does them. its so hard because she knows everything is true and she loves the book of mormon and praying and doing all these things but she wont come to church anymore because she goes with her husband. i think she is afraid to talk to him and to come to our church. we have a lesson Tuesday so we will see what happens.
    We have another guy who is called Hermano Martinez.  I've been working with him for like 2 transfers and he wasnt picking anything up and just couldnt remember anything and then all the sudden he just changed and now he is one of the most solid people we teach. he reads he comes to church he understands what we talk about and then he even tells us the things that he learned in the lessons.  he is super solid. he came to church yesterday in a white shirt and tie with a part in his hair. super super funny but really cool.  I'm excited I'm staying here because we are seeing a lot of good things happen with our investigators.  i cant wait to see what the lord has in store.
     We have been seeing a lot more succes as well. this week we got 4 more investigators.  Might not seem like a lot but it is.  The way I do it is I dont count them as new untill we have two lessons with them and they show like they want to learn more.  Most Spanish missionaries here if they have lessons they will count them as new the first time they meet them but what I've noticed is that hispanics just like to listen to the word of God once and then you will never get in contact with them again.      about my winter stuff.  it would be better to just get my gloves and small stuff like that out here so I'll just buy it when i need it.  but if you could just get me those sweaters that would be cool.  I'll take care of everything else if you could do that. and about my memory card. i would send it to you, but i dont want to be without it if something cool happens.  so if you could send me another one that holds like 50 pictures or something i would gladly send you my card :)  its been raining a lot lately so thats not too fun but thats alright. It makes me feel more like a missionaary.
    So there is a little girl who is 8 in our branch and for some reason she just loves me.  But she has cancer and its just super super sad. well she has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks and she came to church yesterday with just a big smile the whole day and she just looked not good. But just seeing her with that smile just made me think how often i have let my head hang low from having a bad lesson or not doing a good enough job at something and just getting down on my self for different reasons and then i thought that if she could be dying but still have something to smile about then I'm just being dumb over my dumb little things. she really helped me a lot:)  Oh and she thought i was getting transfered so after church she ran up to me and gave me a hug and it freaked me out so i pushed her off and she got super sad and walked away. it made me sad.
    Super funny about byu. super sad but super funny.  What else is going out there in the real world? its kinda funny that I'm right in the middle of the world but i have know idea what is even going on.  That's sweet about Payden and Thomas. I believe Daniel is in the mtc now as well.  Things sound like they are picking up for the family.  thats good and im happy about that :)  things here are good. good working hard and changing a lot.  This week I studied the atonement and blew my mind with stuff. i studied moroni 10:3-5 to try and improve my prayers and again my mind was blown. Something i realized with it......  when it says ponder "IT"  it is talking about "mercy" and mercy is the atonement.  So in our prayers, to make it a communication we need to go through the steps in moroni 10 and then ponder the atonement.
  Well my time is up. Love you and I hope you liked the letter.

Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment