Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wednesday, April 20, 2011; Week 5

MTC-Provo, UT
Happy Easter!!!!


Hey Momma,
         Sooo, guess who came and spoke to us last night? Elder Richard G. Scott of the quorum of the twelve.  That talk was in my top 5 most spiritaul excperiences i would have to say. He said a couple things that really stood out... well more then a couple but i wanted to share with you a couple things. First thing i wanted to share with you is the apostalic blessing that he gave us " I invoke upon you the blessing of the gift of tongues, in your stiving to communicate you will have an additional help and support. I confer the gift of tongues upon you, you still have to study but you will feel that it comes easier"   -Elder Scott.
    How awesome is that? The spirit was so strong and that blessing just meant so much to me because the language seems a lot harder for me then others. I can basically say what i need to but it just is so hard for me. Second. He shared with us his testimony. It was the most powerful testimony i have ever heard in my life.  I wont share with you exactly what he said, but i wanted to share with you something. Every time he would say something he would say, I dont believe, I KNOW!!!! How powerful. He doesnt believe that Jesus Christ is a resurrect being, HE KNOWS IT. It was just incredible. All of us that heard him has a little more to strive for in our testimony.
     The mtc is going good. Im getting kind of sick of the food now, but i only have like 3 and a half more weeks so i can live with it untill then. We taught our first lesson in spanich on Monday. It wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but it was still pretty rough. We are teaching again in spanish tonight so hopfully it goes better. 
    My testimony is continuing to grow everyday. And i love being able to go to the temple once a week. It will be hard when i cant do that anymore.  Oh... starting on the 26th our P day is being switched to Mondays and since the 26th is a Tuesday we dont know if we wont get a p day next week or what. but just to be safe, write me on Monday.
    I want everyone in my family to know that i love you and i pray for you every single day. Individually. I havent forgotten anyone so i hope that you can feel my prayers.  Last night Elder Scott said something about when Jesus Christ was crucified that really helped me.  This last week ive been studying the atonement and Christs death and there was a scripture that i read. Its talking about when Christ was on the cross and he asks God why he forsake him and ive just been thinking about that.  "Why did God forsake His Son" well last night Elder Scott talked about it and he said that he has often wondered the same thing. Then he said that he came to the conclusion that Christ was not forsaken. God knew that Christ needed to earn the full blessing of the atonement by enduring everything alone... how hard that must have been to have to watch your son go through that and not being able to do anything.
   Well time is up. I love all of you. Have a great Easter Sunday and remember why we celebrate it



Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment