Monday, April 18, 2011

Wednesday, April 13, 2011; Week 4

MTC-Provo, UT
Hey Momma,


    Things are going good here at the mtc. Like always i went to the temple this morning, and like always it was just amazing. I was able to go through for someone from INDIANA!!!! Super special for me. I'm already doing missionary work for my state and I'm not even there yet.  When we left the temple 2 older men stopped us and talked to us for like 20 minutes. One told us that he has placed over 40000 books of Mormon in his life time. They told us that they have a lot to give back to the church because they come from the families of the mobs the persacuted the saints. It was really nice to talk to them. Super crazy people but really nice.
         Everyone in my zone is starting to leave. This time next week my district will be the second oldest here.  So that just means that we willl be giving a lot of talks in Spanish... which brings me to my next point, me espanol es muy malo. (NY Spanish is very bad) We have to start teaching in Spanish next week. So pray for me please.  Teaching is gooing really good. Me and my companions have 4 investigators right now.( I'm in a 3-some now)  one of them we just picked up. Her name is "Taylor" she is the hardest investigator in the mtc.  Everyone tells us that you have to teach her like 4 times before she will pray in the lesson. But we went the first day and prayed for the spirit before hand. And we just listened to her and what she said and we were able to teach to her needs and bear such strong testimony that she prayed the very first lesson. Listening is the key for missionary work. Elder Holland said that if you listen to everything they say something that is said will highlight a truth that you can bear testimony. I'm learning to be a good listener.
    Things with my comp are getting better. We are now in a 3 some and me and the other elder get along super super well so thats nice. His name is Elder Bakker. Heres a poem that me and Elder Bakker wrote.  The reason we wrote it is because the sisters in our zone kept asking us to write in their journals and we didnt know what to write so we wrote this and gave it to them all...

             WITHOUT A HAULT
As we sit here writing in this journal,
   we cant stop thinking about life eternal.
Mothers, fathers, children too,
   God loves us all we know its true.
we read of prophets young and old,
  Their words of scripture more valuable then gold.
Jesus came to save us all,
  through faith in him we cannot fall.
He healed the sick; caused the blind to see
  untill the great apostasy.
A verse in James sparked a thought,
  and in a grove he found what he sought.
Before his eyes they did appear,
  they told him truths, and not to fear.
A message brought by a heavenly friend,
  led to a git that god did send.
We know in our hearts the truth in this book,
  all we ask is that you take a look.
The truth restored, his church on earth,
  the gosple fullness invites rebirth.
If like Joseph you pray as well,
  within your heart a burning will swell.
Try as they might to find a fault,
  His work moves forward without a hault!!

How did you like that? Not bad huh?
Well time is short so i need to end now. But because of Easter and what is symbolizes i wanted to share a fast testimony about Jesus Christ... i know the Jesucristo lives and i know that he not only suffered and died for me and my sins but also for the entire world. Everyone!!! Whether it be Indiana, Mongolia, Russia, Oklahoma, Washington, he atoned for all of our sins and the reason i know this is because i have felt his atoning love in my life. I have felt the peace that can only come from being clean.  I know that no matter how many mistakes someone makes or how bad of a person he/she feels they are, nothing is to bad or to much. Christ atoned for everyone. The stupidest thing i have ever done in my life is having the gift of the atonment sitting right in front of my for so long and my not using it. My purpose is to help people come unto Christ and help them repent and i promise I'm going to do it untill the day i die.

Love Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment