Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesday, July 5, 2011; Week 16

Indianapolis~
Momma,

Well another week has gone and passed and I'm left here wondering where in the world the time keeps going. Things have been going really good and we are teaching good people as always.  Everything is pretty much the same with the investigators.  Hermana Diaz still likes what the buhdists teach and wont pray about the B of M becase she already knows its true. haha we cant help her understand. Maybe we are just bad teachers.  But everyone is the same. We have one new investigator who is super awesome. he is called J he is 21 and an ex gang member. He got his girlfriend pregnant like 4 years ago and had a little girl and i guess she softened his heart so he got out of the gang and moved. Now all he wants to do is make life better for her and change the world and make it safer for her. She is so dang cute. I dont know what the deal is but Latinos know how to make some good babies.  But he is a super super good guy. covered in gang tats, told us his dad raised him saying "no mercy for the weak" so he has a tatoo on his forearms that says that.  I just have a strong love for him. He was raised catholic but never really got into and is confused why there are so many churches. He has about a billion and one questions and every single one of them are answered by our message. God really does prepare people for us.
    The other night i heard about 3 gunshots in our apartment complex so that was pretty cool.  oh ya, before i forget, i sent a letter to you with pictures on Monday. That is the second time i have sent them and if you dont get them this time I'll just send my memory card in a couple months. I'm sorry because i know you wanna see my cute face but its expensive for a missionsary to develope pictures all the time.  Last preperation day I rolled my ankle super super bad.  My whole foot and ankle and calf was just a big bruise. It's amazing tho because it only hurt that first day.  God has really blessed me to be able to work even tho i was hurt like that.  But it seems to be healing good. I bought an ankle brace and played basketball again yesterday and it held up pretty good. I know, you probably think I'm stupid for playing basketball again this week. but its boring just sitting there.
    I didnt get a letter from you this week so i dont really know what all is going on in the family. Dad told me a little but not to much.  It seems like everyone is doing well tho.  I guess kade told dad what mexicans put in their food so now dad is grossed out. haha I like it tho. Lengua is tongue. Dad said you didnt know what it was. Hows everything else going with the family? I hope all is well. I hope Jordan is still being a big brother and getting in fights for Baylee and i hope Jess is still liking her job. And i hope Jaron and Baylee are enjoying their summers. I wrote them all letters. Did they get them? Please tell me if you guys get your letters.
   James informed me that my inglish sucks now so that must mean I'm getting better at spanish.  I feel like i am getting better at spanish and i feel god helping me a lot. But i still am not that good. I'm good at baring testimony and rebuking people. But other then that i struggle.  But its coming a long.  We taught this guy from Cuba the other day and i didnt understand one word that came out of his mouth.  Cubans and dominicans i struggle with and i always feel bad about my spanish when ever we teach them, but i can understand mexicans pretty well.
     Me and my comp gave a lady a blessing yesterday. She is a less active and her husband will not be babtised because he doesnt want to go less active like her. We are trying to get her active again but she doesnt seem to want to. He has been investigating for 6 years and told us that he wants/knows he needs to be babtised but wont because of his wife. As soon as we can get her then i know we will babtise him. The Figaroas are their names. Please pray for them. During the blessing the spirit was super strong and she seemed like she really wanted to meet with us. So we have a meeting in a couple days.
    Well time is up so i will leave you with my testimony.  I know this is the only true church. I know the atonement is real. I know Jesus is the Christ and that he suffered for me personally. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet and i know President Monson is a prophet.  I love this gospel i love my family and i love mexicans. The only way we can become like God is through the atonement. And i know that God loves me. I know the book of mormom is true and i say these things in the name of my savior Jesus Christ. amen.

Elder Hardman


p.s. please send me more stamps and those nice study jornals i asked for and maybe some home made cookies or something. And the family pictures would be nice. love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment