Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011; Week 12

Indianapolis~

Momma, 

         So this week went by super fast.  This was probably the worst week I have had in regards to people canceling appointments but thats ok because we had a lot of opportunities to meet some very crazy people.  We tracted into this one house and they invited us in.  Right when I walked in I know that we couldnt be there. It was super super sketchy.  There was 3 really really drunk people and one of them started yelling at my companion then one was talking to me and crying and telling me how crazy the one that was yelling is and telling me that the guy was possessed by demons and just crazy stuff then the 3rd one was just sitting alone mumbling to himself.  I had such a bad feeling in that house and then when I finaly got my comp to leave that feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day. not good.
      So our drug dealing investigator decided to drop us. It was a sad day for me because Ireally liked him.  But we have some that are progressing really well.  Arturo is good. we only have a few things to teach him and then we will be babtized. His date is the 25th but we are thinking we might move it up a week.  Then Julio, he is doing so good. He came to church yesterday and he sat by me and he said that he really wanted to go bare his testimony but would feel dumb because he isnt babtized. I tried to explain to him that that doesnt matter but he said he will next month for sure. He is doing really good tho. In our gopel doctrines class he always answers questions and has comments and what not so thats really cool.  This man called Hermano Thresios is also really cool. He told us a couple days ago that he feels like he needs to be babtized and he knows this church is true and has a super strong testimony so me and Elder Torgesen are doing what we can to help him get married. Its kinda hard tho because he is a non documented citizen so he cant get a legal ID so we dont know what to do about that.  The lady called Hermana Marcos also has a strong desire to be babtized but said she cant unless her husband does and her husband is some big guy in the catholic church and he wont ever let us meet with him but he finnaly agreed on a meeting tonight so we'll see if we can blast him with the spirit.  Then we have a new investigator called Hermana Diaz. She is pretty cool. Almost all of her brothers and sisters are members and one of them actually works for the church so its only a matter of time untill she gets babtized. She actually keeps all of the commitments we give her so thats really cool.  I'm really enjoying this work.
    When we go and tract in this one area there is always a little getto black kid that talks to us.  He is the most polite kid I've ever met and he kinda has some gay tendencies so its pretty funny to talk  to him.  And there is a kid from my district from St. George that also went to pineview and last Tuesday we found out that me and him have a bond that I'm pretty sure no other missionary has ever had. !!!!! Are you ready for it? !!!!!! We kissed one of the same girls!! haha. Its pretty funny, so now we are good friends.  Yesterday at church me and that elder from stg were asked to give a kid a blessing and church.  I am so blessed to be able to have the priesthood and be worthy to do things like that when am asked.  My testimony of the priesthood and of the atonement and of the church is strengthened everyday and I love it.
    Well its time for me to leave and write my president but I hope all the family is doing good and I hope that everyone is happy.  I love you all and I love this church and I love my mission and I love the weird food I eat and I love the colts stadium ( I went there last p day, it was pretty crazy) I love learning Spanish. Pretty much I love everything. But mostly I love this church and my family.


Elder Hardman

No comments:

Post a Comment